The term "RTPI " or "us" or "we" refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 41 Botolph Lane, London EC3R 8DL. Our charity registration number is 262865 and place of registration is 41 Botolph Lane, London EC3R 8DL. The term "you" refers to the user or viewer of our website.
1. Use of this website
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content or privacy policies of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
2. Cancellation of membership
If a member wishes to resign his or her membership, they should write to the Membership section of the RTPI. Members attention is drawn to the Institutes Bye Laws, which state that A corporate or other member who resigns his or her membership or whose membership is otherwise terminated shall remain liable only for any unpaid subscription then due from him or her.
3. Refund policy
Refunds are made by cheque, via PayPal or by a refund to a members debit or credit card. RTPI aim to provide refunds within 30 days of the payment being taken.
A members subscription will only be refunded in the following circumstances:
- Overpayment amounts of £25 or less will be carried over and offset against the following years subscription unless member requests its refund or the amount is more than the next years subscription
- The payer can demonstrate that payment was made in error
- Deceased members estate requests a pro-rata refund of subscription
- It has been agreed by RTPI after an appeal
An applicants administration fee or subscription arrears will be refunded in the following circumstances:
- Applicant is ineligible
6. Planning Theory and Practice Journal
Four issues for Planning Theory and Practice are issued each year. A refund will be given on request for any issues not yet released.
7. RTPI Trust Donations
Donations to the RTPI Trust are only refunded in the following circumstances:
- The donor can demonstrate that the donation was made in error
- It has been agreed by the RTPI Trust after an appeal