RTPI Yorkshire Award for Planning Excellence 2017
The RTPI Yorkshire Planning Excellence Award 2017 is your opportunity to celebrate the high quality planning work done in the Yorkshire Region. This Award is open to all planners, architects, surveyors, developers, and anyone with an interest in shaping places.
It is open to both members of the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) and non-members alike. It is open to all projects regardless of their size and can be a plan, strategy or project. It is free of charge to enter.
Now open for entries.
- Closing date: 5.00pm, Thursday 15 June 2017
- Awards Presentation: Thursday 14 September 2017
Please read the Guidance for Entrants before submitting your entry.
The Award celebrates the contribution that planners and planning make to society, highlighting exceptional examples, and inspiring others to achieve the same high standards.
The emphasis is on originality and regional significance, especially in highlighting how the project has led to social, environmental and economic improvements and has benefited society.
Adjudication will be undertaken by judges appointed by RTPI Yorkshire, with a suitable panel convened.
The winning organisation can display a special RTPI logo and will have an image of the winning scheme on the RTPI Yorkshire Conference Series flyer for 2018.
NB Entries submitted to this year's RTPI national awards from within the Yorkshire Region will be automatically included in the judging for the 2017 Yorkshire regional award.
RTPI National Awards for Planning Excellence 2017
Congratulations to finalists from Yorkshire:
Excellence in Planning to Create Economically Successful Places
- Leeds Flood Alleviaiton Scheme - submitted by Ove Arup & Partners
- Grey to Green - submitted by Sheffield City Council
- Victoria Gate Development (Phase 1) - submitted by Leeds City Council & Hammersons
Excellence in Planning to Deliver Housing
- Stuck Sites - submitted by Planning Service, Sheffield City Council
- Leeds Housing Regeneration Project - submitted by WYG & Keepmoat
Excellence in Planning for the Innovative Delivery of Infrastructure
- Bransholme Surface Water Pumping Station (BSWPS) - submitted by Yorkshire Water & Arup
Local Authority Planning Team of the Year
- North East Lincolnshire Council / Engie Regeneration Partnership
- East Riding of Yorkshire Council
Planning Consultancy of te Year
Winners will be announced at the Awards Ceremony in London on 15 June 2017.