RTPI Scotland aims to lead thinking in how planning can create great places for people. We do this by:
- responding to policy consultations from Scottish Government, agencies and other organisations
- discussing planning issues with policy makers including Ministers, MSPs and Civil Servants
- undertaking research on Scottish planning issues
Scottish Elections 2016
RTPI Scotland published its Manifesto for the 2016 Scottish parliamentary elections on 8th December 2015, Planning in the Next Parliament: Building a Successful and Sustainable Scotland.
In support of our 7 key policy issues, we will be preparing background papers with supporting evidence on each issue in the run up to the elections. The first two papers are now available via the links below.
"In short, the Review aims to achieve, a quicker, more accessible and efficient planning process in order to build investor and community confidence in the system.
The review will be undertaken by an independent panel, chaired by Crawford Beveridge, and also including Petra Biberbach and John Hamilton. The Panel will provide a strategic perspective and will be open to 'gamechanging' views and ideas."
The Review will focus on 6 key issues:
- Development planning;
- Housing delivery;
- Planning for infrastructure;
- Further improvements to development management;
- Leadership, resourcing and skills; and
- Community engagement.
The Independent Panel has set out the timetable for the review process and are expected to report in Spring 2016. Thereafter Scottish Ministers will respond to its recommendations with a programme for further targeted improvements to the planning system.
RTPI Scotland submitted written evidence and a cover letter to the Independent Panel's call for written evidence. Copies of all responses to the Panel can be found on the Scottish Government website HERE.
Consultations Under Consideration
We welcome Members' inputs to our policy responses. If you are intersted in contributing please contact us on email@example.com
- Draft Advice on Net Economic Benefit and Planning - Scottish Government | Deadline 20 May
- Developments in Environmental Justice in Scotland consultation - Scottish Government | Deadline 10 June
- Community Empowerment (Scotland) Act 2015 Part 2 Community Planning- Consultation on Draft Guidance and Regulation - Scottish Government |Deadline 13 June
- Community Empowerment (Scotland) Act 2015 Participation Requests Consultation on Draft Regulations - Scottish Government | Deadline 15 June
- Consutation on Secondary Legislation Relating to Part 3A of the Land Reform (Scotland) Act 2003 on the Community Right to Buy Abandoned, Neglected or Detrimental Land as Introduced by the Community Empoeerment (Scotland) Act 2015 - Scottish Government | Deadline 20 June
- Consultation on Draft Regulations on Asset Transfer Under the Community Empowerment (Scotland) Act 2015 - Scottish Government | Deadline 20 June