The Planning Review: Issues, Ideas and Innovation
Scottish Young Planners' Conference 2016
10 March 2016, COSLA, Edinburgh
The Scottish Young Planners' Conference is an opportunity for any planner in the first ten years of their career to hear from leading practitioners, to network with other Young Planners, and discuss and share ideas on the current Independent Review of Planning.
The Review of Planning provides a timely opportunity to think ahead about how a refocused Scottish planning system might best enable the kind of society we want in the future. The Review offers a chance to state a clear sense of purpose about how and why planning generates long term benefits and helps to deliver great places for people.
This Conference explores issues, and looks to suggest ideas and solutions through the Planning Review, discussing key issues like housing, infrastructure, place, community empowerment, skills and leadership.
If you, as a Young Planner, would like to add your voice to the debate, come along to this Conference.
To see the full programme, click HERE
This conference will be Chaired by Nick Wright, Convenor of RTPI Scotland and speakers include:
- Alex Neil MSP, Cabinet Secretary for Social Justice, Communities & Pensioners' Rights
- Petra Biberbach, Chief Executive, PAS
- Keith Winter, Executive Director of Enterprise & Environment, Fife Council
- Karen Hamilton, Partner, Brodies
- Colin Lavety, Planning Director, Barton Willmore
- Nicola Barclay, Chief Executive, Homes for Scotland
- Anna MacLean, Head of Communications, Loch Lomond & The Trossachs National Park Authority
- Fraser Carlin, Head of Planning and Housing Services, Renfrewshire Council
- Fional Clandillon, Associate, Ryden
- Jill Paterson, Principal Developer Obligations Officer, Aberdeenshire Council
- Emma Fitzgerald, Chair, Scottish Young Planners' Network
- Craig McLaren, Director of Scotland and Ireland, RTPI
- Plus some young planners as part of our "Soapbox Session"
In the afternoon we have three workshops on key issues for planning: Housing, Community & Place, and Infrastructure. Delegates will attend two of the three workshops. Preferences should be indicated at time of booking and every effort will be made to ensure those workshops are allocated, depending on remaining availability.
Booking must be made through RTPI Conferences at the link below. The rates for 2015 are as follows:
- RTPI members - £99 + VAT (£118.80)
- Non-members - £125 + VAT (£150)
- 10 reduced price places for unemployed Licentiate/Chartered Members - £25 + VAT (£30) (allocated on a first come first served basis)
- 10 free RTPI student places (allocated on a first come first served basis)
Please make a booking through RTPI Conferences HERE
The conference is kindly sponsored by:
- Scottish Government
- Barton Willmore
- Geddes Consulting
- Peter Brett Associates
- Aberdeenshire Council
- City of Edinburgh Council
- Heads of Planning Scotland