Scotland 2050: What do we want Scotland to be and how do we make it happen?
2 October at the COSLA Conference Centre, Edinburgh
National Planning Framework 4 will set out a vision for how Scotland should be planned over the next 20 to 30 years. Early work on preparing NPF4 will follow the Planning Bill. So what do we want this to advocate? Do we want or need Scotland to be business as usual? Or should we be advocating for inclusive growth, balanced growth, a resilient country? And what will the impacts be of technological change? How could NPF support communities and social justice? What should NPF4 say about how we treat and use our environment?
This conference will aim to explore the trends, opportunities and challenges and the actions required to make the Scotland we think we need. A number of speakers have been asked to be 'disruptive' in arguing for what they think Scotland needs and how planning, planners and the National Planning Framework can do this. There will aslo be a session where we will hear about approaches being taken to planning in other parts of the world to see what can be learned in taking forward NPF4. There will be plenty of opportunities for delegates to engage in the debate and we hope to come with a manifesto to help inform the development of NPF4.
- Fraser Carlin, Convenor, RTPI Scotland
- Prof. Samer Bagaeen, Associate Director, Rockefeller 100 Resilient Cities and Professor of Planning, University of Kent
- Prof. Sarah Skerrett, Director of Rural Policy Centre, Scottish Rural College
- Prof. Tom Rye, Director, Transport Research Institute, Edinburgh Napier University
- Robin McAlpine, Director, Common Weal
- Stefano Smith, Planning Director, WYG
- Niall Cussen, Chief Planner, Department of Housing, Planning and Local Government, Government of Ireland
- Dr Roisin Willmott OBE, Director of Wales and Northern Ireland, RTPI
- more to be confirmed
RTPI Members £125 + VAT
Non-Members £150 + VAT
A limited number of places priced £30 + VAT are available for Student RTPI Members and the unwaged.
Book your place here.
Kindly sponsored by