The RTPI Regional Awards for Planning Excellence 2017 (kindly sponsored by WYG)
Lets celebrate the contribution made by planners and planning in the North West.
This year we received 14 entries for the 4 categories below. Site visits and presentations will take place on 26/27 June.
- Phase 2 of MediaCityUK, submitted by NJL Consulting
- Spinning Point, Rawtenstall, submitted by NJL Consulting
- McDonalds, Rawtenstall - 'Food for Thought', submitted by Rossendale BC
- The University of Cumbria in the Lake District - working together to achieve sustainable development, submitted by Lake District NPA
- Manchester Quality Guidance, submitted by Deloitte LLP
Above entries may be being considered for more than one category.
The awards aim to:
- Promote the art and science of planning for the benefit of the public.
- Demonstrate the positive impacts that planning has on the quality of life in our region.
- Celebrate professional expertise in devising effective and innovative solutions to key planning issues and problems.
- Disseminate models and examples of good planning practice to the profession and beyond.
The four awards categories are:
- Submissions open - 29 March
- Deadline for entries - 31 May 2017
- Judging process - June
- Site visits for shortlisted entries - 27 June
- Presentations - afternoon of 26 June
- Results - 17 July
- Overall winner announced at the Annual Dinner on 6 October