The RTPI's international outreach recognises the work of planners worldwide who apply professional principles to help to create sustainable places to live. Habitat III - the United Nations conference on housing and sustinable development took place in October 2016. It was a once in a generation opportunity to find global solutions to our shared problems on urbanisation and climate change. The RTPI is playing a major role in championing how planning will make a major contribution to delivering solutions.
The Worldwide Value of Planning celebrates the good that planning does around the world.
Delivering Better Development is an international publication for non-planners including politicians, leaders, architects, engineers, environmentalists and those interested in studying planning. It explains the roles, skills and sectors where planners work worldwide. Delivering Better Development was written by the RTPI's International Policy and Research Officer, with input from the Global Planners Network.
What is the RTPI's international outreach and activity?
- Five per cent of our 23,000 members live and work overseas;
- we accredit planning courses in other countries,
- we are active in international planning organisations
- we promote and participate in the annual World Town Planning Day Conference
- we have an International Committee and a dedicated International Policy and Research Officer
- we are a gateway to international planning information and share this through our International Development Network Bulletin.