RTPI Cymru made ten asks of the Parties in Wales for the current term of the National Assembly for Wales (Fifth Assembly 2016 - 2021):
- Embed new legislation and make the plan-led system work;
- Ensure the provision of a quality home for everyone in Wales who needs one;
- Coordinate policy by focusing on places;
- Support communities to shape the place they live;
- Ensure that planning authorities have the resources they need;
- Promote the quality and strength of town and city centres;
- Set out a clear and integrated framework for energy;
- Better integrate infrastructure and development;
- Ensure that the natural environment is protected and enhanced;
- Promote a more equitable and resilient economy.
Detail about each of the 'Asks' are available to download ac yn y Gymraeg.
Homes for Wales
In support of our 'ask' 2, RTPI Cymru is a partner in Homes for Wales.
Regeneration Skills Collective Wales
RTPI Cymru is a member of the Regeneration Skills Collective Wales (RSCW) and we have jointly published a Manifesto Statement. We also jointly held a Hustings event on 7th April.
What are the Parties Saying?
We've summarised what the Parties said in the run up to the 2016 elections about planning and built environment related policies.
What can the RTPI say as a Charity?
The RTPI must abide by rules to ensure it shows no bias in an election or tries to influence who people vote for.