Cancellation of Membership
If a member wishes to resign his or her membership, they should write to the Membership section of the RTPI. Members attention is drawn to paragraph 17 of the Institute's Bye Laws, which states that a corporate or other member who resigns his or her membership or whose membership is otherwise terminated shall remain liable for any unpaid subscription that is due from him or her.
Refunds are made by cheque, via PayPal or by a refund to a member's debit or credit card. RTPI aims to provide refunds within 30 days of the payment being taken.
Refunds are always made to the member unless the member specifies otherwise.
A member's subscription will only be refunded in the following circumstances:
- Overpayment - amounts of £25 or less will be carried over and offset against the following year's subscription unless a member requests a refund or the amount is more than the next year's subscription
- The payer can demonstrate that payment was made in error
- Deceased member's estate requests a pro-rata refund of subscription
- It has been agreed by RTPI after an appeal
The RTPI is unable to refund any part of the subscription paid which relates to the year in which the member resigns his or her membership.
An applicant's administration fee or subscription arrears will only be refunded in the following circumstances:
- Applicant is ineligible
Planning Theory and Practice Journal
Four issues for Planning Theory and Practice are issued each year. A refund will be given on request for any issues not yet released.
RTPI Trust Donations
Donations to the RTPI Trust are only refunded in the following circumstances:
- The donor can demonstrate that the donation was made in error
- It has been agreed by the RTPI Trust after an appeal