If you have an interest in planning, or are working in planning but do not yet enough experience for other membership classes, you can become an Affiliate of the RTPI. Affiliates do not require any professional planning qualification, experience or educational attainment.
Becoming an Affiliate may appeal if you:
- Have just started working in planning
- Are not currently working in planning, but would like to in future
- Are working in an administrative or support role within a planning team
- Are waiting to gain enough experience to apply for the Associate class
- Are an elected member with an interest in planning
- Have an interest in planning
If you are eligible for another membership class you should apply for this. If you are not sure which membership class is right for you, please see our Membership Brochure.
Affiliates receive the following membership benefits:
- A digital copy of the RTPI's monthly publication, 'The Planner'
- Member only resources on the RTPI website
- Access to RTPI social events at member rates
- The ability to pay subscriptions in instalments
- The opportunity to join RTPI Networks
- Career support
- Member forums and online CPD on RTPI Learn
- High-quality CPD training (regional and national) at RTPI member rates
- Discounted subscription to Planning Theory and Practice
There is a £20 administration fee to process your application and an annual subscription fee.
How to apply
You need to fill the Affiliate application form and pay the administration fee. Fees can be paid online or via cheque.