The Planning Education and Research Network (PERN) aims to support greater communication between educators, researchers and practitioners in the planning community. Its purpose is to:
- highlight current and proposed research in planning education and practice
- promote the exchange of information
- support new planning researchers and publications
- disseminate upcoming events in planning and research
- develop international communication in research and educational activity
- explore new methods of planning education and knowledge development
- encourage the examination of planning theory against practice
- provide a sounding board for futures thinking and innovation
Members of the Planning Education and Research Network receive quarterly updates on PERN through an e-mailed Bulletin. The e-Bulletins inform members on the latest RTPI planning news, upcoming calls for proposals, recent publications, important external news items and upcoming events in the field of planning. Members of the Network are encouraged to use the bulletin and web pages to share material, promote events and new projects and develop debates.
Member Update that may be of interest:
The Annual International Fellowship Program of the Lincoln Institute of Land Policy's Program on the People's Republic of China cordially invites applications from academic researchers working on issues related to the following fields in China:
- Land Policy
- Urban Structure Analysis
This fellowship program helps to promote international scholarly dialogue on China's urban development and further the Lincoln Institute's mission to be a leading center for tax and land related policy throughout the world. Applications are due by electronic submission on October 31, 2017.
You may access the full Request for Proposals and Application Guidelines at http://go.pardot.com/e/153411/ina-international-fellowship-0/jk9vzh/270322460
Read the latest PERN e-Bulletin
Membership to the PERN e-Bulletin is free. To subscribe to the mailing list, please fill out the PERN membership form.