Tuesday, 11 September 2018 at 9:30AM
Europa Hotel, Belfast BT2 7AP, UK
Reduced rates for RTPI Students and Licentiates
Where we live affects how we live and how we live affects everything else including our health, wellbeing, relationships, access to work, social life, and impact on the environment. Future development must be about more than just the number of ‘units’ that can be built – it must be about creating thriving ‘places for life’.
The RTPI NI Planning Annual Conference will explore the interrelationship between mobility, green infrastructure, social infrastructure, placemaking and the important role of a clear vision through plan making in creating great places to live.
Delivering quality places for communities is not always about creating world class statement buildings and spaces. Everyday places are important to our communities and businesses. Creating excellence in the everyday is what planners and the planning system must deliver.
This year’s Northern Ireland Planning Conference will explore the creation of strong quality communities.
- Anna Rose, Director, Space Syntax - data driven LDP policy development
- Keith Mitchell, Peter Brett Associates Developing Integrated Transport Policies(invited)
- Victoria Hills, RTPI Chief Executive- RTPI priorities
- Carole-Anne Davies, Chief Executive Design Commission for Wales - creating and implementing policies for quality places (invited)
- James Harries, RTPI - the location of development
- Peter May, Permanent Secretary, Department for Infrastructure (invited)
The programme will also include a series of breakout seminars covering topics on Sustainable Drainage Systems (SuDS), developing strategies for dealing with hearings, LDP policy development and more.
Download the booking form here.
There are discounted rates for RTPI Students, Licentiates and unwaged members. The discounted rate is also offered to Councillors and for organisations buying three places, they can claim a fourth free (the cheapest place is free).