Thursday, 13 September 2018 at 9:30AM
Jurys Inn Cardiff, 1 Park Pl, Cardiff CF10 3DN, UK
This masterclass is designed to provide an understanding of the planning system for elected members, parish, community and town councillors, non-planning professionals working in place-making, technicians, administrators and support staff. Delegates will gain an invaluable insight into plan making, the role of development management and the way decisions on individual planning applications are made either by the planning committee, by the officers under delegated powers or by appeal.
Through a combination of expert trainer input, discussion and group work, you will:
- Gain a clear understanding on the importance and purpose of the planning system
- Appreciate the wider context and gather insights into the legislative framework and guidance within which you are working
- Know what a planning application is and how a decision is made
Delegate numbers are restricted to enhance learning outcomes
This links to the following CPD Priority:
- Effective decision making
Our masterclasses are delivered by our pool of industry leaders who are able to draw on their extensive personal experience to offer practical, interactive courses to our delegates.
Explore our trainer's background and their areas of expertise below.
Sue is Regional Director for Pegasus Group (Birmingham) and their specialist lead on consultation and engagement. Sue is a Chartered Fellow of the Royal Town Planning Institute, a Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society and a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts. She has designed and developed a range of specialist training courses for planning professionals, planning committee members, local interest groups and national organisations, who have an interest in town planning.
Past delegates said...
- "In my opinion the whole process was conducted to a very high standard from beginning to end. Very impressed!" (Introduction to the planning system 28.02.18)
- "The trainer was excellent and so engaging with the learners" (Introduction to the planning system 28.02.18)
- "The material discussed was aimed at exactly the right level for the knowledge of the delegates. There were many interactive activities which gave delegates the opportunity to test what we were learning as well as applying what we already knew. It demonstrated to me that I actually knew more than I gave myself credit for." (Introduction to the planning system 28.02.18)
- "Training materials were really good - training booklet is a really good resource" (Introduction to the planning system 28.02.18)
If you are having difficulties booking please contact us on 020 7929 8400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
There was a problem reserving your event places.
Please contact us using the form below, or refresh the page and try again.
We apologise for any inconvenience.