Wednesday, 07 February 2018 at 9:00AM
Jurys Inn Cardiff, 1 Park Pl, Cardiff, CF10 3DN
As our towns and cities expand, how do you calculate your local need for housing and employment? Do you want to understand how to ensure new homes are located with easy access to jobs or to encourage job creation alongside housing development? With new guidance emerging on a standardised approach to objectively assessed housing need – how do you implement this? How can neighbouring areas work collaboratively to meet these needs?
This briefing aims to help you interpret guidance. We want to help you make and deliver sound policies on housing and the employment, based on solid evidence.
Through a combination of input from expert speakers and discussion, you will learn:
- About guidance on a standardised approach to assessing housing need objectively
- Housing delivery – how will we meet housing targets
- Sustainable growth - how will we do this? What infrastructure is needed to support growth?
- Five year land supply – what are the issues, implications etc…
- How can local authorities co-operate across borders
- Economic development and housing need
This links to the following CPD Priorities:
- Delivering housing to meet national needs
- Understanding and practicing in a market economy
Please note there is limited availability for Licentiate members and concessions. If you are having difficulties booking or are a student, unemployed or retired RTPI member, please contact us to book on 020 7929 8400.
The RTPI supports the adoption of all 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals and this course specifically supports the following:
There was a problem reserving your event places.
Please contact us using the form below, or refresh the page and try again.
We apologise for any inconvenience.