Wednesday, 07 February 2018 at 9:30AM
Jurys Inn Cardiff, 1 Park Pl, Cardiff, CF10 3DN
This briefing aims to support learners interpret guidance and objectively assess housing needs in both Wales and England. In the context of urban expansion, planners need solid evidence to deliver sound policies on housing and economy, whilst considering land availability and the five-year land supply.
The day will also include relevant case studies that highlight different stakeholders working together to achieve housing and employment targets.
Note: The content will be relevant to both Welsh and English planning systems.
Through a combination of input from expert speakers and discussion, you will:
- Learn about guidance on a standardised approach to assessing housing need objectively
- Explore housing delivery – how will we meet housing targets
- Hear about sustainable growth - how will we do this? What infrastructure is needed to support growth?
- Find out about the Five-year land supply – what are the issues, implications etc…
- Hear how can local authorities co-operate across borders
- Learn about economic development and housing need
This links to the following CPD Priorities:
- Delivering housing to meet national needs
- Understanding and practicing in a market economy
- Communication, mediation and negotiation skills
Please note there is limited availability for Licentiate, Independent Consultants and concessions. To be eligible for the Independent Consultant rate, you need to be member of the Independent Consultants Network (ICN). For the RTPI concessions rate, you need to be a RTPI student, unemployed or retired member. You will need your membership number and password to book.
If you are having difficulties booking, please contact us on 020 7929 8400 or email email@example.com.
The RTPI supports the adoption of all 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals and this course specifically supports the following: