Wednesday, 22 March 2017 at 9:30AM
The Golden Lion Hotel, 8-10 King St, Stirling, FK8 1BD
£99+VAT for RTPI members
£25+VAT for student and unemployed Chartered/Licentiate RTPI members. 10 x places available on a first come first served basis
The Scottish Young Planners' Conference is an opportunity for any planner in the first ten years of their career to hear from leading practitioners, to network with other Young Planners, and discuss and share ideas on the current Scottish Government Planning Review.
In a crucial year for planning, the Scottish Young Planners' Conference will help you to build the cross-cutting skills you need to succeed. This Conference explore themes from collaboration and project-management to international planning from engaging speakers who are at the vanguard of Scotland’s evolving planning system. Hands-on workshops will explore topics like networking and conflict-resolution.
Are you a young planner looking for the skills to succeed? Then come along to this Conference.
To see the full programme, click here.
The conference will be Chaired by Stefano Smith, Convenor of RTPI Scotland and speakers include:
- Kevin Stewart MSP, Minister for Local Government and Housing
- Nicola Barclay, Chief Executive, Homes for Scotland
- Bob Reid, Planning Consultant and former Convenor of RTPI Scotland
- Christina Cox, Planning & Building Standards Manager, Stirling Council
- Irene Beautyman, Project Manager, Planning Skills, Improvement Service
- Jason Jordan, Policy Director, American Planning Association
- Marion Frederiksen, International Policy and Research Officer, RTPI
- Catherine Wood, Strategic Planning Director, Gladman Developments
- Ian Drummond, Land Director, Taylor Wimpey West Scotland
- Sandra Lindsay, Land Manager, Springfield Properties
- Michael Halliday, Director, Halliday Fraser Munro
- Alison Polson, Associate, Brodies LLP
- Graham Boyack, Director, Scottish Mediation Network
- Elaine Fotheringham, Chair, Scottish Young Planners' Network
- Plus young planners offering their view as part of our 'Soapbox Session'
Booking must be made through RTPI Conferences here. The rates for 2017 are as follows:
- RTPI members - £99 + VAT (£118.80)
- Non-members - £125 + VAT (£150)
- 10 reduced price places for unemployed Licentiate/Chartered Members - £25 + VAT (£30) (allocated on a first come first served basis)
The conference is kindly sponsored by:
- Scottish Government
- Springfield Properties
- Taylor Wimpey Homes
- Peter Brett Associates
- Gladman Scotland
- Heads of Planning Scotland