Planning for Health and Wellbeing
Friday, 31 March 2017 at 1:45PM
Reading Museum and Town Hall, Blagrave Street, Reading RG1 1QH, UK
The UK is facing significant challenges in terms of the health of the nation and the impact that has on wellbeing and quality of life. Whether through problems of increasing obesity, addictions, mental health issues or an ageing population; better health policies, funding and support will be key to improving quality of life.
This event will explore the contribution that planning and transport can make to health and wellbeing and highlight the need for greater strategic integration nationally and collaboration locally. The event will cover the policy perspective along with sharing examples of planning for health and wellbeing and case studies such as the NHS "Healthy New Town" Bicester.
- Victor Callister, Deputy Director of Architecture & Built Environment, Design Council
- Dr Janice Morphet, Visiting Professor at UCL
- Rosie Rowe, Programme Lead for Bicester, NHS Healthy New Towns
- Andrew Strange, Senior Strategy Manager, NHS Property Services Ltd
- Chair: Sue Percy, CEO, CIHT
There was a problem reserving your event places.
Please contact us using the form below, or refresh the page and try again.
We apologise for any inconvenience.