Thursday, 08 June 2017 at 9:00AM
City Hall, Cathays Park, Cardiff CF10 3ND, UK
Discounts available for RTPI Licentiate, Student, Retired and unwaged members
Reflections on the journey so far …. and a view of the journey ahead
Since the first Wales Planning Conference in 2008, planning in Wales has been on a significant journey. We have had the first Planning Act in Wales and the Wales Act 2017 has also received Royal Assent, devolving further powers to Welsh Ministers. The Conference will look back at this journey and also consider further changes, including the Law Commission’s work for a second Planning Act.
- Keynote speech, Cabinet Secretary for Economy and Infrastructure, Ken Skates AM
- The Value of Planning in Wales – emerging findings - Mike Harris, Deputy Head of Policy and Research, RTPI
- Planning in the US – commonalities with Wales? - Jason Jordan, Director of Policy and Government Affairs, American Planning Association
- Energy – Wales punching above its weight, Will Ryan, Savills
- Showcasing Early Researchers – Cardiff University PhD Student - tbc
- Speed Briefing Case Studies
Full details of the programme are available to download in English neu Cymraeg. Bookings forms are available in English a Cymraeg
Please note that as a General Election has been called for the 8th June, parts of the programme may alter. If you are planning to attend the Conference please make arrangements so that you don't miss your opportunity to vote (including requesting a postal vote).