Our £2,000 undergraduate bursary programme for 2017-18 is now open.
Please note: Nominations for the Bursary are made by the accredited Planning School and provided to the RTPI. The closing date for nominations is 29th January 2018. The Institute will then ask nominees to complete a planning-related task. The final four bursary recipients will be selected by an external panel of judges.
If you would like to be considered for a bursary, and you meet the criteria below, please speak to your lecturer or tutor.
Who is eligible for the bursary?
- Home- or EU-domiciled student.
- The nominated students will be enrolled in the second year or above on an accredited Undergraduate course in the UK or Ireland in 2017-18.
Accredited Planning schools may nominate 2 students for each category. Nominees must fulfil one of the criteria in either category A or category B in addition to the eligibility criteria above:
- A person with a protected characteristic under the Equality Act 2010 which is under-represented in the planning profession. For example there is not a broad ethnic mix in the planning profession and women are currently under-represented.
- Nominee applied for the course through the widening participation agenda or through a non-traditional admissions method and achieving good results.
- The student must have declared a disability or a specific learning difficulty (e.g. dyslexia or dyspraxia) to the university prior to being nominated for this Bursary.