Planning and Recording Your CPD
The RTPI believes that one of the most useful pieces of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) you can do is to carefully prepare a Professional Development Plan (PDP). All members entering the profession are required to begin a habit of lifelong learning. Qualifying to enter a profession does not mean that you remain competent to practice for the rest of your life. All professions change, requiring all professionals to continue to learn, debate, discuss and keep up-to-date on an ongoing basis. The PDP represents the planning stage of the CPD cycle.
The RTPI provides templates to help you plan and record your CPD:
Please note that we can accept appraisals and internal reviews as part of this process - contact us for more information.
The Code of Conduct monitoring process:
- Members are randomly selected for monitoring.
- You will receive a letter from us, by post and email, advising of the deadline for submitting your records.
- Complete the forms.
- If appropriate your will need to provide:
- your current Professional Development Plan
- Professional Development Plans covering the previous two years (unless your membership started during this period)
- the record of your CPD undertaken over the last two years.
- Evidence of your Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Please email your documents to firstname.lastname@example.org (or send it by post, if preferred) by the deadline date.
- We will review the documents and will contact you as soon as possible after they have been received - either with a request for further information, or with a confirmation letter sent to your home address.
If you would like to discuss the Code of Conduct monitoring process or your PDP/CPD, please contact the Senior Professional Development Coordinator on 020 7929 8174.
The postal address is: Code of Conduct monitoring, RTPI, 41 Botolph Lane, London. EC3R 8DL