What kind of a career would you like?
- Do you want a diverse career in which no two days are the same?
- Do you want to make decisions that affect how people live in a positive way, supporting new jobs and homes?
- Do you want to join a profession that balances the needs of communities, businesses and the environment?
- Are you interested in shaping the way cities, towns and villages are developed and built?
- Do you think communities should have a say in how to improve their quality of life?
"Today there are 180,000 more people living in urban areas than there were yesterday. There will be another 180,000 there when you wake up tomorrow and another 180,000 the day after that..."
Professor Cliff Hague
Planning is the fourth most successful degree subject for finding work after completion and as a town planner you'll have the potential to build such a varied career. To find out more about this exciting career choice, follow the links below or have a look at our careers guide.